Salicylic acid has been long used as a pain reliever and anti-inflammatory agent, ably preventing blood clotting and treating heart-related diseases. This salicylic acid is a key ingredient of aspirin, which is commonly used to treat pain and reduce inflammation. It is worth mentioning that aspirin therapy helps prevent cancer, too.
According to a recent study published in the Annals of Oncology, taking aspirin may help prevent some types of cancer. The researchers explain that its effects are visible at least three years after the start of use and some benefits appear a few years after stopping the daily aspirin therapy.
According to Dr. Jack Cuzick, head of the Centre for Cancer Prevention at Queen Mary’s University of London in the United Kingdom, in those between 50 and 65 started taking aspirin at least 10 years, there would be a 7 % reduction in the number of cancers and heart attacks in women and 9% reduction in men.
Here are the top 9 uses of aspirin:
1. It helps in the case of insect bites and stings
- To relieve the inflammation and itching in the case of stings or insect bites, rub this pill over them.
- However, you should visit your doctor in case you are allergic to bee stings.
2. It dries up pimples
- Even after the adolescence phase in life, people can get pimples occasionally, but they can be efficiently dried using aspirin.
- All you need to do is to crush the pill and moisten it with a little water.
- Then, apply this paste on the area and leave it to act for a few minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with soap and water.
- The redness will be relieved and the pimple will gradually disappear
3. It rejuvenates the skin
- The salicylic acid in aspirin treats redness, swellings, and acne, and also removes the dead skin cells and excessive oils.
- Just crush five aspirin pills and mix them with ¼ cup of water and a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the skin and leave it to act for 10 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- The regular use of this mask will treat all skin issues and significantly rejuvenate the skin.
4. It treats hard calluses
- You should crush 5 aspirin pills, and mix them with some lemon juice and half a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the paste on the hard calluses on your feet and wrap the foot in a warm towel.
- Secure it with plastic wrap.
- After 10 minutes, remove the wrap, and the effects will surprise you
5. It treats dandruff
- Crush 2 aspirin pills and make a fine powder.
- Add this powder to your shampoo and after a couple of minutes, you can wash with it as usual.
- This will effectively treat and prevent dandruff.
6. It eliminates perspiration stains
- This simple trick will help you get rid of the perspiration stains on your clothes: just crush a couple of aspirin pills and add them to half a cup of water.
- Then, soak the stained part in the mixture and leave it thus for a few hours.
7. It restores hair color
- Especially if your hair is colored in light colors, the chlorinated water can greatly damage it.
- However, you can restore its shine and volume if you dissolve 6-8 aspirin pills in a glass of warm water and rub the solution on the hair.
- You should leave it to act for around 10-15 minutes.
9. It cleans the grease from the cookware
- Prepare a cleaning paste by mixing a few crushed aspirins and a bit of water.
- Then, rub the cookware with it, and the results are impressive!