When you smoke your lungs are filled with nicotine and tar. Everyone knows that cigarette smokers have a higher risk of getting lung cancer, developing COPD, and heart disease, as well as numerous other health problems. This is why you are told not to smoke.
If you currently smoke or have recently quit smoking, there are several things that you can do in order to help repair the damage that has been done to your lungs.
The first step if you are currently a smoker is to quit smoking as soon as possible. It is best to try to quit smoking as soon as possible as the way nicotine and tobacco smoke affect the lungs can be irreversible if you continue to smoke.
Natural Ways to Clear your Lungs of Nicotine
- Even if you do not quit smoking, there are several things that you can do in order to help naturally clear your lungs of the nicotine and tar that are caused by smoking.
- Consuming fresh organic corn can help protect you from lung cancer. Corn contains beta kryptoxanthin.
- This is a powerful antioxidant that is thought to help reduce the risk of lung cancer. Another food that contains kryptoxanthinis oranges.
- Another powerful antioxidant that can help clear your lungs is selenium.
- Brazil nuts are a great source of selenium. Grains also have selenium in them.
- Onions are another great food for helping cleanse the lungs.
- Onions can help prevent many diseases including infections of the lung.
- For those who have been diagnosed with cancer, onions can help prevent new cells from growing.
- One of the most powerful antioxidants is ginger.
- Adding ginger to your diet can have many positive health benefits.
- Ginger provides a strong tool for releasing toxins that are in the lungs.
- Consuming tea made from the ginger root can help facilitate easier breathing.
- Nettles are full of iron and also useful for disinfecting the lungs.
- Nettles can also be used to help fight off infections.
- Making a tea from pine needles is another natural way to help fight against lung cancer as well as other diseases of the lungs.
- Drinking grapefruit juice can help improve your breathing system and drinking carrot juice can help purify your body as well.
Other Natural Ways to Clear Your Lungs
- One of the other ways that you can strengthen your lungs is to do breathing exercises regularly.
- Just as you would do exercises to strengthen your other muscles, you can do deep breathing exercises as a way to strengthen your lungs.
- At least once a day take the time to find a quiet space and simply take a few simple breaths.
- Focus on breathing in as deep as you can and exhaling slowly.
- While quitting smoking is the best thing that you can do for your lungs, quitting is hard.
- There are many different steps that you can take to quit smoking, but if you are not ready just yet make sure that you are taking the above steps to help detoxify your lungs regularly.