Turmeric has been used frequently in the Indian and Chinese medicine because of its extraordinary anti-inflammatory characteristics. This proves turmeric isn’t only an ingredient you add to your dishes.
Turmeric has been used for treating chest pain, jaundice, bloody urine, flatulence, hemorrhage, colic, menstrual issues, toothache, and bruises.
Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric which is believed to makes this spice highly effective. Also, it doesn’t cause any side effects.
This is how you can use turmeric:
- Mix Himalayan salt with turmeric in a ratio 1:2 and add a little water.
- Apply the resulted paste on the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Do this every day to treat joint pain effectively.
- Also, it reduces swelling effectively.
- Disinfect minor cuts and wounds
- Apply turmeric on a previously cleaned wound. Then, wrap the bandage.
- Eliminate pain in a natural way
- Natural food color in baking
- Turmeric tea for longevity
- Prepare a turmeric tea and boost its taste with honey or ginger.
- Use the benefits of turmeric and prevent many diseases and health conditions.
Decrease stomach ache
- Alleviate stomach ache significantly with turmeric.
- To treat heartburn, prepare a tea by adding a teaspoon of turmeric in 4 cups of boiling water.
- Massage the scalp with a combination of coconut oil and turmeric.
- Let it act for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
Beautiful & glowing skin
- Combine 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric with 1 whisked egg white and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply it on your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
- Soothe the discomfort from sunburn by applying a mixture of turmeric and aloe vera gel.
- Turmeric is a great teeth whitening agent.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric, 3 tablespoons of softened coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of softened coconut oil, 2 teaspoons of baking soda to prepare a paste.
- Brush your teeth as usual with this paste.
- Add turmeric to tinted moisturizer to match the tone of your skin.
- Facial mask for dark circles, acne, and rosacea
- Make a natural paste with a teaspoon of water, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Apply it on your face and let it sit for 3 minutes. Then wash the mask off.
Tie-dye without chemicals
- Add 5 tablespoons of turmeric to a pot ¾ full of water and bring it to boil.
- Let it simmer and add wet fabric in the pot.
- Leave it to simmer for an hour.
- Then, dry it and your fabric will be colored.
Homemade soap coloring
- This spice is excellent for the skin and also adds color to the skin.
Bake a cake
- This spice is also very helpful in cooking.
- Homemade putty coloring for children
- Mix salt, oil, flour, water, tartar cream, and add beets for red, and turmeric for yellow.
Add it to your dishes
- Turmeric can add an amazing color to your meals, especially curry.
- You can spice your popcorn or enrich the flavor of your eggs.
- Actually, turmeric can be added anywhere you like.